Hello World!

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy yourself and stick around a while. I promise to be mildly amusing while telling you all about me and my life. This blog will try to focus on my ongoing weight loss and careful venturing into the world of athletics. I’m going to try to tackle triathlons, but let’s see where it goes, shall we? Oddities will arise. Cat pictures will appear. I read a blurb about adventure races this morning, so things could get a lil’ bit crazy!

I’ve recently lost 63 lbs. That’s several of the big bags of dog food. Go pick a couple of those bad daddies up. I wonder how I was walking. I do have a “That’s @#$@#$ IT” story which got me started losing weight, but I’m not ready to tell it yet. It involved a Kayak. That’s all you’re getting!

I lost 31 lbs on my own under the old “Eat Less, Move More” plan and that took about 8 months. Then, in February, we started a Biggest Loser contest at work. It was winner take all with a nice fat payout at the end. I’ve always been a sucker for a good prize. I lost another 32 pounds in 10 weeks. Yes. I know. I’m a sell out. I should have done it for all the good, healthy reasons and don’t get me wrong, those are nice, too, but I really needed that money. And I can do ANYTHING for 10 weeks, so off I went. I was very careful with what I ate. I logged every bite and every step. I’ll explain more in detail in upcoming posts. And it paid off. I won and this summer I will be taking my kiddo on vacation. Whee!!!

And now…dun duh dunnnnnn. Before and Current pics. Ugh. Seriously. I had no idea I had let myself get so out of control.



Over the next few months, I’ll be moving toward getting stronger and losing the remaining 30 pounds. I’d love to hear your stories, too, if you have one. Comment away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment