Pre-Week 1/Week 1 Training Plan

Sometimes things just work out perfectly! It is 13 weeks and 2 days until my first triathlon. This is just the right amount of time to fit in the 12-week training plan from "Your First Triathlon" and then have a week to do light workouts, continue fueling properly and get all my gear in order! Sweet.

For the remainder of this week my workout schedule will be as follows:
Wed. - Strength Training; Spin Class
Thurs - Run
Fri - Swim
Saturday - Strength; Run or Bike (depending if I've found a bike yet. Did I mention that I don't have a bike yet? Yep, my lovelies, this is truly a ground up situation!)
Sunday - Yoga and Rest

Next Week - Official Week 1

Mon - Run/Swim (This is switching to Bike because of the Bike class I'm taking)
Tues - Strength
Wed - Bike (Switching to Swim. See Monday's notes)
Thur - Strength/Run
Fri - Rest
Sat - Bike
Sun - Swim

I'm going to try to get two workouts each of a Run, Bike, Swim and Strength. We'll see how it goes.

I will come back in and post Actual results each day in blue.

You'll notice that I do not have a "Rest" day scheduled for week one. This is because, in the book, Joe suggests that if you still have a few extra pounds hanging around, that the rest day is Optional. Right now, I'm feeling feisty, so we'll schedule some movement every day and see what happens.

He's pretty matter-of-fact about that extra poundage slowing a person down. I like that. He goes in to all the stuff about how extra weight damages your heart and all the physically bad stuff that I know and am working on, but something about "it makes you slow and you're trying to race here" statements were something I never had heard from anyone and it is sticking with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment