Baaackk!

Happy Independence Day!


I climbed back onto my bike today after a week. Still can't get Steven Tyler's voice singing Back In The Saddle out of my head. Ergo the post title. It was a little rough. Rode the race route to get a feel of my timing. Weather wise it was a good day to do it. Traffic was minimal and it was a cloudy 75 degrees. The slight breeze was very welcome.

Sidenote: We're seeing all kinds of wildlife on this route. A short time after starting we passed a huge, HUGE turtle. I thought it was an armadillo at first. I didn't know that we had armadillos in Kentucky, but according to Wikipedia, it is possible.
The hills on the route were definitely harder than the last time we rode, but I wasn't very warmed up and am not going to let it get to me. Still, I finished in 59:27. I'm pretty happy with that still having 4 weeks to go in training.
This afternoon I'm a little sore. I'm going to watch Tiger Woods (who just hit an Eagle) play golf before I head out to a friend's barbecue this evening. Hope you are all having a great 4th!

0 comments:

Post a Comment