29 days until race day!
While I'm on medical hiatus I'm trying to distract myself by thinking of other aspects of the big day. Let's get our race day checklist together shall we? There are items that still must be purchased!
Most of the big items I already have:
- Triathlon Suit
- Water cage
- Water bottle
- Spare tire kit
- RoadID - If you don't have one of these, get one. Your identification/emergency numbers and 1st responder info all in one place and on your person. Just in case.
- Running Shoes
- Spare goggles
- Bungee Laces - saves valuable time in transition area and are fairly inexpensive
- Sunglasses - the glasses I have been using hit the bottom of my helmet and look kind of goofy.
- Cages for pedals - will go for clipless pedals next race.
- Large bright towel for transition area. - In case they don't allow me to attach the planned-on ginormous helium Spongebob balloon to the bike rack. Worth a try, don't you think?
- Race belt
- Jersey to wear for bike/run legs of race (If anyone related to me is reading this an intending to send me a birthday present, I would LOVE a Vanderkitten jersey. hint hint)
- New running shoes - not a necessity
- Hat for running leg.
Please feel free to add comments with your suggestions.In other news, in a show of solidarity, Eli has decided to take a break in his training until I'm back on my feet. You can see how much he is bothered by the missed workouts: