I'm Also a Logger

Next Friday, my company will begin round two of it's version of a Biggest Loser Contest, Pfit. Right now, I'm going over in my head what made my first bout so successful and am preparing to tighten up any habits I may have let loosen over the past month. Although I've been working out like a mad woman, I've also been letting myself eat more than I did while in the first round of the contest. I'm evidently in a state of perfect equilibrium since the scale hasn't budged in a few weeks. Since I'm still several pounds heavier than I would like to be, I'm going to use Pfit2 to go back on the offensive.


One thing that I did religiously during the competition is log my food. Write it all down. Every bite. Gum included. I used The Daily Plate on livestrong.com. There are thousands of foods in their system and it's very easy to register, set your weekly weight loss and/or calorie goals and then log your food and fitness workouts for the day. And if you really want to geek out, there are lovely charts all over the place to show you how you are doing and how what you are eating breaks down.

I know that all the skinny experts tell you to log your food. Blah, blah, blah. I'm sorry Sweets, they're right. Logging your food can show you if you are eating too much, or too little. So many people, women especially, eat too few calories while trying to lose weight and it can cause your weight loss to stall. You definitely have to fuel your body.

And do you ever have those days where you get off track and by the afternoon you think you've blown it so you just call it bust and stuff your face the rest of the day? I certainly have. If you log your food, even when you fall off the wagon, you may find that you haven't blown it as badly as you think and still have calories remaining for the day. Have a salad and pat yourself on the back. Your setback was miniscule!

So, log your food. I know. It's a pain. But only at first. Once it's a habit, it fits right into your daily routine and it will be just like brushing your teeth. If you don't brush your teeth I really can't help you. You're on your own.


0 comments:

Post a Comment