My Training Partner

I have found a new source of motivation! My friend Amie has been "hoodwinked" into competing in the EPTS triathlon, too. Bwaaaahhaaaaahaaaaaa. And after about two weeks of training together, I have to say, she's just as eaten-up with it as I am. I am finding this a fabulous previously unknown side to my friend. She's reading the books, charting training plans, considering stats and making goals to the same extent I am.

She has a bit more training under her belt than I do. I've only been seriously and consistently working out since February. However, we train together on treadmills so each of us can go at our own pace during our run workouts. Separate lanes in the pool so she doesn't have to worry about passing me. I think we might be on the same level cycling. We did a 17 mile ride on Saturday and stayed pretty much the whole way.

I think we also go together well in the motivation department. We oooh and ahh over each other's new training purchases, we have an every-other-day or so conversation about which body part is hurting most and we give out the appropriate YAYs when the other makes progress. I think everyone should have a training partner that fits these qualifications!

I've asked her to answer a few questions for the blog:
Say Hi to Amie, Blogworld!

What made you decide to train for a triathlon?
Dawn made me do it. And maybe to lose the last ten pounds that I have had for a decade. And maybe to be a faster runner. And maybe so I can throw out the "I can't this weekend, doing a triathlon."

What do you feel will be the most challenging part of the race?
Getting a good night sleep before and waking up that morning and not having my stomach do somersaults with nervous butterflies. I'm definitely more worried about the mental aspect than the physical. I will over think everything.

What scares you most about the race?
Falling off my bicycle and taking someone else with me or tripping in the transition area.

What excites you most about the race?
Bragging about finishing it. I can't imagine how awesome Kelly Wilson feels every time she says she completed the Ironman.

Do you think you will do more than one race or will you have to wait and see?
I feel like the cheap bastard in me wants to do more for a better return on investment. The challenger in me wants to do the Oly distance, maybe the Kentucky Derby mini-marathon and the half Ironman. But that's it…..my brain cannot even begin to compute anything longer. Ask me this question again on August 3rd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment