Is the pool half empty or half full?

I asked Amie yesterday how she felt at being almost halfway to race day. She had this to say:

"My mental conditioning got a big boost on Saturday morning during Ben's Oly tri. It made me realize that something, anything can set you back in a race. After a very difficult swim start, he cranked out an amazing bike and run. It lessened my nerves to see the transitions and to know things may not go perfectly, but I will finish. And if I put everything I have in each effort, I will make my under 2hr. mark.

As for the physical conditioning, I really need to strengthen my thigh muscles for uphill battles and get my keester in the pool!"

As for me, here's what I think. I've been working out judiciously for a few days over 8 weeks, and training for the triathlon for just over 6 and I feel amazing! Bigger picture, i'm down almost 70 pounds since last year and it's being nice to say that then, I was in poor physical and mental condition. As of this week, I'm belting out a minimum of 3.5 miles per workout on the treadmill. I am up in the teens on bike mileage per workout and I am swimming 600 meters per swim workout. Some days, like today, I do double workouts without giving it a second thought. Tonight is a Run/Swim night. All in 8 weeks! And I am developing nice muscle definition in my arms, legs and butt. And my sister thinks that the women in our family just can't have fab arms. Well, suck it genetics!

Swim/Run update at 8:50 pm.
Full length run and swim tonight!
Here are my current times.

Run - 3.1 miles - 38 minutes.
Swim 800 meters - 26 minutes.

Not too shabby huh?

1 comments:

Ben June 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Great job, ladies!

And I can guarantee you that the swim "issues" I faced won't happen in a pool. Guaranteed!

Post a Comment