Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda

I should be in the pool.

Tonight was a swim workout night. I should be doing laps working on my stroke technique and burning some calories. But I'm not. I'm sitting here posting on my blog because my kids plans didn't work out tonight and I didn't get to drop him off at the movies for 30 minutes after he thought he was supposed to be there and the pool closed at 8. Now I'm cranky. Exploring that cranky, I assumed at first that it's just because I've had a long day. Up at 6, getting ready for Kiddo's graduation, and also maniacally filling out a last minute application (which actually is quite a blessing) to the high school that he wants to attend. (WOOOT Gail Taylor!), then lunch with friends and relatives, more work on application and succumbing to the pleading of my child to see his friend probably for the LAST TIME EVER MOM!

But that's not it at all. I'm cranky because I missed my workout. I love to swim. I love how I feel after being in the water. I feel all warm and loose. My skin and hair smells like chlorine and I am pleasantly tired. I sleep like a baby on swim nights. It makes me happy. And, like after all my other workouts, it is very satisfying knowing that I am one day closer to the race and the choices I made that day made me a little faster or a little stronger. So right now I just have to shake off the bad attitude and start fresh tomorrow. No beating myself up about it. Ahftah awl. Tomarah is anotha day!

Good night everyone! I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

1 comments:

Ben June 4, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

"I sleep like a baby on swim nights."

Man ain't that the truth.

Post a Comment