Week 5 Training Plan - Closing in on the halfway point!

6 weeks, 4 days and counting....

The race bike route was finalized today and the forms are being faxed to me as I type! Huzzah! Registration has been delayed as the city of Anchorage kindly decided to install speed humps over the winter (because those golf carts were just getting out of control) and the park was trying to find another suitable route. Alas, no route could be found and we will just have to deal with speed humps. I'm thinking out-of-seat full-on Evel Knievel style is called for here.

And speaking of bikes, my baby is in the shop. Boo! I took it in for a tune-up because one of the bike club guys said it looked like my rear derailer was bent. Lucky me, it wasn't my derailer, my rear axle was in pieces. I needed a whole new rim, etc. I'll be picking her up later this week.

Meanwhile, it looks like I'll be indoor biking for the next few days. It's ok though, the gym is playing the Bourne movie series. I'll just pretend like I am chasing bad guys through Paris and every so often I'll look confused and ask the person on the bike next to me if they have any idea who I am.

Here's the plan:
Monday - Cycling (Indoor)
Tuesday - Run/Swim/Kickball
Wednesday - Arms/Run
Thursday - Lunch Run
Friday - Lunch Cycling
Saturday - Girlfriend's Bike Trip!!!
Sunday - Swim/Run

*Possible off day on Friday as all of my Fridays so far have gone straight to heck.

1 comments:

Mary Beth June 16, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

I can sympathize...my rear axle has been in pieces for years!

BTW - while indoor riding at the gym, I think you should leap into the air every so often to simulate the speed bumps. This will draw lots of attention and help you meet new people.

Post a Comment